Car Dealer information
Thank you for using City Mobility for your vehicle adaptations.
To ensure all goes to plan please update us as early as possible on the arrival of the vehicle as we need to factor in time for the following:
- Motability require us to consult with the customer to ensure that the adaptation listed on the order is appropriate for their use and that it will fit in/on their selected vehicle.
- For certain adaptations it may mean that a demonstration is required, which may take some time, depending on the location of the customer.
- Although we will try and contact the customer, in the past we have had considerable difficulty with this. Please emphasise to the customer they need to call us as soon as they can. For any future orders, this would ideally be done at the time their order is put on the system.
PLEASE NOTE: WE WILL NOT ORDER PARTS UNTIL CONTACT HAS BEEN MADE WITH THE CUSTOMER, AS THE ORDER MAY HAVE TO BE ALTERED.
Once we have established that the order is suitable, and upon your confirmation of the vehicle’s arrival at your garage, we will then proceed to order the parts. Lead times for the manufacturer of some adaptations are variable and can take between one week to one month from date of order to delivery. That is why dealers need to give us as much notice as possible of the car’s arrival.
Prior to fitting the adaptation:
- The vehicle must have been through its pre delivery inspection and be registered.
- All Motability orders must be up to date with any amendments formerly agreed.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Some of the adaptations may be described as a ‘Universal Fit’. This means that they are not designed for a particular vehicle. Sometimes these adaptations come with instructions from the manufacturer but often without. This adaptation will therefore involve extra time and work on our part to fit, as substantial alteration of the vehicle may be required.
Vehicles scheduled to be adapted at our workshop must arrive between 9.30am and 10.30am on the confirmed date of adaptation to allow us to work within the timeframe allocated. Our workshop schedule is rigid, therefore if the adaptation is unable to be completed due to late delivery, completion of the adaptation will be delayed to another date.
If there are problems with the adaptation that are out with our control, then this will delay completion of the fitting and subsequently delay the handover of the vehicle. We would strongly advise that you do not to arrange a handover too soon after the adaptation booking date in order to accommodate this.
With your co-operation, we shall always try our best to work within your time scale to ensure a smooth handover for you and our Motability customers.