Cog Icon signifying link to Admin page

Funding available for mobility products and/or car adaptations


If you are unable to afford a mobility product and/or car adapations we thought you might find it useful to know about funding/part funding that can help.  We cannot help you complete funding applications but we can provide a quote to go along with your funding application once you have confirmed you are eligible to apply to a certain fund.  You might be able to get help completing funding applications and help to understand if you are eligible by involving a friend, relative or a professional or the Citizens Advice Bureau. Be aware that the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) may consider a grant or fund as income. This could affect your benefits.



(this is not an exhaustive list, if you know of any others we can add or find a link no longer works please let us know)Picture of Donna from Aberdeen with her new powerchair part funded by Aberdeen Care and Repair

The Hospital Saturday Fund - Grants for people who have a medical condition or disability who need financial assistance to buy specialised equipment or get types of treatment.

The Printing Charity - Grants for people in need and work or have worked in the printing, packaging and paper industry or allied trades for at least three years or who have a direct family connection (parents/children).

The Nuclear Industry Benevolent Fund - Grants for those working or who have worked in the UK Nuclear Industry through the provision of support, signposting and financial assistance.  The needs of our clients generally relate to financial hardship, debts, disability, sickness, old age and changes in family circumstances.

Driving Lesson Grant Programme - Grants towards the cost of up to 40 hours of driving lessons through an approved instructor, to help a disabled person pass their driving test. It can also provide familiarisation lessons to enable you to get used to a new way of driving or a different vehicle.

Access to Work Scheme - match funding from Motability for equipment if it is partly used for outside of work.

Access to Work Scheme - Help from the DWP to get or stay in work if you have a physical or mental health condition or disability.  The support you get will depend on your needs but can include transport related support or mobility equipment.

RAF Benevolent Fund - If you require help to live independently in your own home, the Fund can help with practical solutions like equipment and adaptations. 

Aberdeen City Care and Repair Charitable Fund - Grants and loans towards mobility equipment for residents in The Aberdeen City Council area.

SSAFA the Armed Forces Charity - Helping veterans maintain their independence.

Craigmyle Community Ltd - Applications are accepted from Orkney to Edinburgh with priority given to applications in the Grampian region (Aberdeen City, Aberdeenshire and Moray).  Any disabled individual or organisations supporting such individuals can apply.  The average grant is in the region of £500 – £1500, however applications will be judged on their merit.

Freemasons - helping Freemasons and their families to live healthier and more active lives, by funding medical assessments, treatment, and mobility equipment, and support for carers where there is a long NHS wait and self-funding is not an option.

Snowdon Trust - Mobility equipment for students with disabilities.

The Mobility Trust - Mobility Trust provides powered wheelchairs and scooters for UK residents who have severe disabilities and who cannot obtain such equipment through other means. 

The Nurses Memorial Supporting nurses in Scotland by way of gifts for heating, support payments, grants for equipment and single payments when support is needed. Educational bursaries are also available.

Disability support organisations

If your named disability or condition has a local, regional and / or national support organisation they may be able to provide funding.  For example we had a customer who secured funding for a new powerchair partly from the National MS Society and partly from her local MS Society.

General funding for other things

Although we've concentrated on helping you find out where you might get help, we are not experts.  You might be able to get more funding advice here:.

Turn to Us  - for a grant search using your location; age; employment; disability; gender; nationality; religion; and energy provider.

Disability Grants - for grants from charities relating to specific occupations.

CAB - Citizens Advice Bureau

Foundation Scotland - manage a diverse range of funds but you may need a charitable organisation to apply on your behalf.  This website also incudes links to lots of local Community Windfarm Funds so if you reside in an area where there is a windfarm nearby there may be help for individuals.

MFR - Cash For Kids - funding for children living in the Moray Firth Radio listening area.

Northsound - Cash For Kids - funding for children living in the Northsound Radio listening area.