No two days are the same for our In-house Vehicle Adaptations Team, whether it be tweaking control systems, fitting special seating or installing lift systems.
The majority of vehicles are supplied via local car franchises to Motability users, and the required adaptations are supplied at a subsidised price to the end user. However we also fit adaptations for private buyers to existing vehicles or to new vehicles.
Whether your vehicle is provided through the Motability Scheme or you are buying it, you should speak to us before signing up or purchasing to ensure the adaptation you require is compatible with your proposed new vehicle and mobility product (if you require a hoist to lift it in to the vehicle).
If you are a Motability customer you can find out more information on driving with adaptations here.
If you are a Motability Dealer you can find more information here
You can e-mail us here.
Adaptation Services include:
- Assisted Driving Controls (all types) including hand controls
- Access & Seating Equipment
- Easy release handbrake
- Left foot accelerator
- Pedal Guard
- Hinged accelerator pedal
- DriverSHIELDS (various uses)
- Wheelchair & Scooter Stowage (including boot hoists)
- Tie-Down Systems & Ramps (including Taxis)
- Dual Controls (including Driving Instructors)
- Additional Seating (including vans/mini-buses)
- LOLER Testing (including lift-systems in mini-buses/small public service vehicles)
Approved Warranty & Service Agents (RICON / BRAUN wheelchair lift systems)
Our In-house Vehicle Adaptations Team are also happy to liaise and provide direct support with other specialist coach builders if issues arise relating to mechanisms and systems fitted to vehicles supplied from outside the local area.